On Thursday, April 21, iconic singer-songwriter and seven time Grammy winner Prince passed away at the age of 57. His publicist confirmed the news shortly after reports of a body found at his Paisley Park residence in Minnesota, where at first it was not clear who the deceased was. Unsurprisingly, the news has shocked the world including fellow stars and his legions of fans as there was seemingly little warning that there was anything seriously wrong with the famed musician. As many remember the icon, here are 10 things to know about Prince Rogers Nelson, his life, and his untimely death. UPDATE: It has been revealed that the legendary singer died of an opioid overdoes. His death was caused by an accidental overdose of self-administered Fentanyl.
10. The Flu
While a cause of death has not yet been made official, many reports indicate that before his death Prince had been suffering from severe flu-like symptoms, but his health status did not seem severe enough to incite concern at the time. Gossip site TMZ however is reporting that there was cause for a concern because hours before he died, Prince visited his local Walgreens pharmacy…for the fourth time this week, and that night those at the store say “he looked much more frail and nervous than usual.”