10 Things You Didn’t Know About Jennifer Lopez!
Jennifer Lopez has captivated the world for many years now and with good reason! She an entertainment mega-force who has successfully forged careers in TV, movies and music. Since JLo is such a high profile celebrity, we’ve been able to follow excitement and heartbreak in her personal life closely. In honor of the 44-year-old star’s return to the judging panel for the 13th season of “American Idol,” we have a list of the 10 things you didn’t know about Ms. Lopez. Take a look:
10. Jennifer Lopez is considered the highest paid actress of Latin descent and is regarded by the International Business Times as the wealthiest actress in Hollywood with a net worth of $250 million.
9. After she finished high school, Jennifer Lopez briefly worked in a law office.
8. Before she launched her singing career, Jennifer Lopez was a fairly successful actress. She had roles in “Blood and Wine” with Jack Nicholson and Stephen Dorff, “Anaconda” with Ice Cube and Jon Voight and “U Turn” with Sean Penn and Billy Bob Thornton.
7. Jennifer became engaged to actor Ben Affleck in November of 2002. The couple was scheduled to get married in September of 2003 but they called off the wedding a day prior to the big event. “Bennifer” claimed that they postponed the wedding due to too much media coverage but ended up calling it quits shortly after the incident.
6. Jennifer Lopez’s big break came when she was offered a job as a fly girl on a comedy called “In Living Color.”
5. JLo doesn’t drink or smoke. She says “I think that ruins your skin. Of course, during celebratory toasts, everybody’s like, ‘You can’t toast with water!’ So I’ll toast with alcohol and just take a sip.”
4. The singer/actress beat out 11,000 competitors to secure the title role in the biopic “Selena.” For the part, she won approval from Selena’s father Abraham Quintanilla and, according to Comedian Paul Rodriguez – a Quintanilla family friend – Lopez was the perfect fit! He said “Looking at Jennifer, you could swear that the killing was all just a bad nightmare.”
3. Jennifer was a backup dancer for New Kids on the Block in 1991 and performed with them at the 8th Annual American Music Awards. She also worked as a backup dancer for Janet Jackson. She can been seen dancing in Jackson’s video for “That’s the Way Love Goes.”
2. In August 2013, a man was discovered living in the guest house of the singer/actress’ Hampton’s home while she was out of town. The man was identified as a stalker, who she had a protection order against.
1. The Latina singer had a relationship with P.Diddy – who was known as Puff Daddy back then – back in the late ‘90s. The romance fizzled after a shootout at a club in New York on December 27, 1999, when police found weapons inside their car. Diddy was arrested on possession charges and Lopez quickly moved on from the relationship.