Former Bachelor in Paradise star Blake Horstmann is sporting a black eye, and may need surgery after being attacked in New York City, where he claims the attack was random and involved the assaulter hitting him and four others.
The 30-year-old reality TV star told PEOPLE that he is “doing all right,” and shared a photo of his injury the morning after the scary incident.
“I have a fracture in my orbital floor and so I am waiting to hear if I will need surgery,” he told the outlet. “Have to let the swelling and bruising go down first.”
In an Instagram Story on Monday, Horstmann revealed to his fans that a man had punched him on the street.
“Unfortunately, I was in New York, and some crazy person decided to punch a bunch of us standing there, and I was on the wrong end of one of the punches, unfortunately, me and like four other people,” he said at the time. “Yeah, good start to the new year, happy new year!”
However, due to his wounds, he explained that he won’t be on social media to recap the 3-hour-long premiere of Peter Weber’s season of The Bachelor like he planned to.
“I don’t know how much of the Bachelor breakdown I’ll be doing, ’cause I don’t think you guys are gonna want to look at my broken face all day. It already looks a thousand times better than it did a couple days ago, but yeah, if I’m not doing a lot tonight for the recap of The Bachelor, that’s why,” he explained.
Last week, the star celebrated New Year’s Eve in New York’s Times Square.
“2019 was a bumpy road. Mistakes were made and lessons learned. Never been more excited to ring in a new year… 2020 is gonna be a good one,” he captioned his Instagram post.
Bachelor Nation first met Horstmann on Becca Kufrin’s season of The Bachelorette in 2018. Last summer, he appeared on season six of Bachelor in Paradise.