Meghan Markle And Prince Harry Issue Statement After Her Dad Drops Out Of Wedding

  

Press Association

No wedding can go off without a few issues, but the drama surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s upcoming Royal wedding hit a high after her father, Thomas Markle, decided not to attend or walk his daughter down the aisle.

The news came on Monday, May 14 after the 73-year-old admitted he and Meghan’s half-sister, Samantha, staged photos with the paparazzi that included Thomas looking at articles of his daughter and her fiance online and going suit shopping for the big day. He also revealed that only last week he suffered a heart attack and checked himself out of the hospital early in order to get ready for the big day.

After Markle admitting to staging the photos caused a flurry of controversy, he said he would no longer be attending the wedding because he didn’t want to embarrass his daughter or the royal family any further. Late Monday, Kensington Palace released a statement on behalf of Meghan and Prince Harry, responding to the drama.

“This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding,” said a spokesman. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”

Now that Thomas Markle is no longer attending, there is no word on who will be walking her down the aisle, and as Thomas had yet to meet Prince Harry, he will now not be meeting the royal until after the wedding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT