Ousted ‘Fuller House’ Showrunner Jeff Franklin Breaks Silence After Firing
Following reports that Full House creator and Fuller House showrunner Jeff Franklin had been fired from his duties due to complaints about his on-set behavior, Franklin opened up about the controversy.
The 63-year-old took to his Instagram on Wednesday, February 28 to address his exit from Netflix’s spinoff of the beloved ABC series. “I’m heartbroken to be leaving Fuller House,” Franklin began his caption, which accompanied an on-set photo of himself with Full House and Fuller House stars Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber.
“Creating and running Full House and Fuller House has been the greatest joy,” he continued, before concluding with, “I wish the cast, my second family for over 30 years, continued success. I’m so proud of all we accomplished together, and beyond grateful to our loyal fans. Adios Tanneritos!”
According to reports, complaints about Franklin were first received by Warner Bros. TV via an anonymous letter over two years ago, and over the years more complaints were put forward. Franklin was accused of being verbally abusive and making inappropriate statements about his own sexual life, but there were no complaints claiming of sexual misconduct. In addition, Franklin would reportedly bring the various women he was dating to set where he would give them small parts in episodes of Fuller House.
“We are not renewing Jeff Franklin’s production deal and he will no longer be working on Fuller House,” Warner Bros. TV said in a statement.
Meanwhile, a Netflix spokesperson said, “Fuller House will return for a fourth season, as planned. We hope to go into production in the next few months.”