As Fuller House prepares for its fifth and final season, it will be doing so amid a massive scandal involving longtime Full House star Lori Loughlin.
While many of her costars have kept tight-lipped about the situation, John Stamos opened up briefly to Entertainment Tonight about what has been going on since Loughlin and her husband were accused of paying to have both of their daughters admitted to USC as crew recruits.
“It’s a difficult situation for everyone involved,” he said. “I don’t mean just on our side.”
Stamos also revealed that despite reports that Loughlin will not be a part of Fuller House‘s last season, he isn’t so sure that will actually happen.
“I haven’t been on the show yet and it hasn’t come up, so I’m going to talk to some people about it this week and see what’s going on,” said Stamos, who is producing the season. “I’m just going to wait a little longer before I talk about it.”
The actor also revealed that the final season will be split into two parts with nine episodes each, but a premiere date has not been announced.
Earlier this month, Candace Cameron Bure also spoke out about the reports that Loughlin wouldn’t be joining the final season, telling Entertainment Tonight. “It hasn’t been discussed. I have absolutely no answer for it, and Netflix has not even spoken about it, so I have no answer.”
On March 12, 2019, the U.S. Attorney’s Office announced that it had charged 50 people which included Lori Loughlin, her husband Mossimo Giannulli, and actress Felicity Huffman in a massive college admissions cheating scandal dubbed Operation Varsity Blues. While Felicity Huffman plead guilty and offered an apology for taking part in the scam, Loughlin and Giannulli plead not guilty after turning down a plea deal and face up to 20 years in prison.
Since the scandal, Loughlin was dropped by the Hallmark Channel after starring in several of their films, and was let go from her hit series When Calls the Heart.