Production On Blake Lively’s New Film Indefinitely Suspended

  

For months, images have been shared from Blake Lively working on the set of her newest film The Rhythm Section, but now production has been shut down indefinitely.

The news of a halt production comes after the beloved actress suffered a hand injury that is taking more time than expected to heal according to Variety.

“Hiatus on the production of ‘The Rhythm Section’ has been extended due to the hand injury Blake Lively sustained while filming an action sequence on the action thriller at the end of last year,” said producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson of EON Productions in London, along with Global Road Entertainment, and Paramount Pictures.

According to reports, Lively underwent surgery on her injured hand, but the procedure did not go as planned and now she needs a second surgery and more time to heal. While there has been no timeline given for when the movie will resume filming, it will be long enough that the crew has reportedly been told to find other work for the time being.

“She’s just recovering,” Director Reed Morano said during a January 5 interview. “The problem is that normally, that kind of an injury, you would have four to six weeks of rehab and then you would wear a splint. We have to go into stunts, so it’s very complicated.”

The Rhythm Section is based on the first book of Mark Burnell’s Stephanie Patrick novels, which follow a woman (played by Lively) who becomes an assassin after learning that the plane crash that killed her family was not an accident.

While Lively has not commented on the injury, her recent Instagram posts do show the actress wearing what appears to be a cast on her hand.